Rules for the 2016 Michigan FC Tournament
Rules for the 2016 Michigan FC Tournament
1. REGISTRATION – Will be one hour prior to game at Total Sports Wixom, 30990 Wixom Road, Wixom, MI 48393. THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION OUT AT THE FIELDS. THERE and email option preferred sent to email@example.com. The email must include Gender, age and Team ID number in Subject. Teams are required to have one copy of their official roster, pass card for each player, medical release forms, liability form, risk management cards for coaches and managers and if applicable, guest player rosters and pass card and permission to travel for out-of-state and foreign teams as well as concussion certificates for coaches and parent and athlete concussion information sheet for each player attending tournament.
MSYSA coaches must be able to provide their CDC Heads Up Concussion Certification. All non MSYSA coach must be able to provide the CDC HeadsUp Concussion certificate or the NFHS Concussion in Sports certificate. Teams must be able to provide the Michigan Department of Community Health/CDC Parent and Athlete Concussion Information Sheet for each player attending the tournament.
Tournament uses a 2016 USSF certified assignor from Michigan and that all referee assigning is done through Game Officials. Furthermore, out-of-area referee will need to show photo proof to verify identity
2. AGE BRACKETS:
Under 15 – Born 2002
Under 16-Born 2001
Under 17 – Born 2000
Under 18 – Born 1999
Under 19- Born 1998
3.ROSTERS: A roster must be on file with tournament headquarters prior to competition and it must be a team roster for the Fall of 2016. A player can only be rostered on one team. The maximum roster size per age group is as follows:
11 v11 – 22 players maximum (U 15 – U 19)
A maximum of 5 guest players (from outside a team’s club) are allowed per team at MSYSA sanctioned tournaments. Additionally, an unlimited number of club passcard players are allowed per team provided that at least 50% of the players appearing on a tournament roster also appear on a team’s league roster. “Club” means an organization providing soccer to youth players that is either a direct member of MSYSA or that registers players with MSYSA through an affiliated member. At no time shall an affiliated member who functions as a “scheduling league” also be considered a “club”. In the case where a club sets up one or more satellite clubs in the state, those satellite clubs may only be considered part of the main club for the purposes of the MFC Girls Showcase tournament if all the following criteria are met: 1. The main club and satellite club have the same Board of Directors 2. The main club and satellite club have the same Tax ID number 3. The main club and satellite club are in the same MSYSA District as determined by the MSYSA Board of Directors.
4. LENGTH OF GAME:
(11 v11) 2 x 40 minute halves U15 and above. NO FINALS.
5. FIFA RULES APPLY, UNLESS LISTED DIFFERENTLY IN TOURNAMENT RULES.
6. SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitutions may be made with referee’s approval only. Substitution requests may be given at these
A.Before a goal kick
B.Before a throw-in for your team
C.After a goal
E.After an injury (one for one)
F.After a yellow card has been issued (one for one)
G. Unlimited substitutions for all age groups.
A player may be substituted on a stoppage of play with the permission of the referee (NOTE: Tournament regulations may limit when substitutions may be made by specifying specific stoppages in play when substitutions can be made (ex: at goal kicks and corner kicks, on your team’s throw-ins, when a player is cautioned); otherwise substitutions may be made at any stoppage only with the permission of the referee. And if the age group is 15 & under, free substitution is allowed. For age groups 16 years and older, free substitution is allowed providing the tournament is not an official competition (but a friendly club tournament) and the age category does not include matches between national teams of CONCACAF member countries.
OVERTIME – FIFA’s rules specify that if overtime periods are used, overtime periods must be played to completion. “Golden goal” and “Silver goal” are no longer allowed.
7. Both teams will have their bench on the same side. Spectators will be on the opposite side. The half way line will divide the teams and the spectators. Coaches are responsible for the spectators’ behavior. Dissent will not be tolerated.
8. Size 5 ball will be used.
9. Player Equipment.
1. Shin guards are mandatory and must be covered by socks.
2. Shirt/jerseys will be tucked into players shorts at all times.
3. Hard cast are not permitted. Soft cast will only be allowed upon approval of referee.
4. The home team will be responsible for using alternate color uniform if necessary.
10. A team that fails to field 7 players (5 for Under 10 and below) 5 minutes after the scheduled kick off, will forfeit. The score will be 4-0. Any team who forfeits a game will not advance from their bracket. Any use of illegal players will result in a forfeiture of all games.
11. REFEREES DECISIONS ARE FINAL – NO PROTESTS – NO APPEALS.
12. INCLEMENT WEATHER: The tournament committee and/or director have the right to stop games due to weather.
Games interrupted in the first half:
a.will continue if time permits
b.If time does not permit, a 0-0 tie will be awarded.
Games interrupted after the completion of the first half:
1.will continue if time permits
2.If time does not permit, the score of the game will stand.
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES OR CONDITIONS BEYOND CONTROL, THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE WILL NOT BE
RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY REFUNDS.
13.EJECTIONS: Any player, coach, assistant coach or manager receiving a red card will not be permitted to participate in the
remainder of the game and the following game. Suspension from additional games will be contingent upon a review of
the violation after receipt of the referee report. A 2nd red card results in suspension from the remainder of the tournament.
Any MSYSA registered player, coach, assistant coach or team manager who has received a red card during the tournament
and did not sit out the related number of game(s) during the tournament must sit out the required number of game(s) starting
with his/her next league game.
14.Total Sports and Oakland County Park rules will apply when on premises. VIOLATORS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
15. QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR.
16.RISK MANAGEMENT: Michigan Football Club Girls Showcase will adhere to the Michigan State Youth Soccer Association Risk Management policies: These can be found at the MSYSA website (www.michiganyouthsoccer.org), PROGRAMS, RISK MANAGEMENT. MSYSA registered teams will be required to present risk management cards for coaches, assistant coaches and team managers. non-MSYSA team need to bring their organization’s equivalent to the MSYSA risk management card
17.MEDICAL RELEASE FORMS – Each team must have a medical release form for each player rostered, including guest players, at registration.
18.TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS – Tournament headquarters will be located at Total Sports in Wixom. Key contact is Annalisa Van Houten, Tournament Administrator at 248 613-0729.
19.ELIGIBILITY – All state associations, USSF Affiliated teams are eligible to participate in the Michigan Football Club Girls Showcase.
20.HOME TEAM – The home team is the FIRST team listed. In the case of similar color uniforms, the home team will change to their alternate jersey.
21.DISPUTES – Any disagreement which cannot be resolved by the listed rules will be settled by the Tournament
22. If ball hits the ceiling inside Total Sports Complex-if the balls hits the ceiling the opposing team is awarded an Indirect free kick that needs to be played back to the defense
23.Home team provide game ball and home team changes jersey in case
Michigan FC Tournament
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.